Discovery SpaceClaim: Getting Started Tutorials
These video tutorials will start you on your journey of learning with Discovery SpaceClaim. Getting Started begins with a tour of the user interface, sketching and each of SpaceClaim's four main creation and editing tools, Pull, Move, Fill and Combine. Learn how to create a part, assembly, drawing sheet and import, repair and modify non-SpaceClaim CAD files. All videos can be streamed directly from this page by clicking them.
1) User Interface: This video demonstrates the user interface (UI) of SpaceClaim. This video goes through common areas in SpaceClaim and their use.
2) Selection basics: This video demonstrates basic selection techinques in SpaceClaim. It shows various selection techiniques using combination of mouse and keyboard keys and other useful navigation techinques.
3) Sketching Basics: SpaceClaim hosts several intuitive tools for sketching. This videos gives brief demonstration of the sketching tools
4) Pull Basics: This video shows how Pull tool can be used for geometry creation as well as modification and editing. It covers options like extruding, offsetting, chamfer, rounds and other options associated with the Pull tool.
5) Move Basics: This videos shows how models and its entities can be translated and rotated using Move tool. It covers various options in Move tool.
6) Fill Basics: This video shows how Fill tool can be used to simply and defeature geometry in SpaceClaim. It shows how material from the geometry can be removed.
7) Combine Basics: This video demonstrates Combine tool in SpaceClaim. It shows how this tool can be used to perform boolean operations like merging and cutting one body from the other.
8) Structure Tree: SpaceClaim being a direct modeler, its structure tree is different as compared to feature based modeler. This video will give an in depth look at the structure tree; understanding solids, components, subassemblies, active components, and internal\external components
9) Assembly Tools: This video demonstrates assembly tools available in SpaceClaim. It shows how to assemble a part to the origin and components together to make assemblies and sub assemblies.
10) Detailed Drawing Sheet: This video demonstrates detailing and creation of drawing sheets in SpaceClaim. It shows how to create drawings and communicate in 2D by adding formats, views, dimensions and annotations.
11) Import, Repair & Modify: This ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim video demonstrates using blend tool to create complex and organic geometry, often referred to as splines, NURBS or lofts. The video shows how to create blends between points, lines, surfaces and solids, and shows how to use guide curves to controls the blends between cross section.