Discovery SpaceClaim: Advanced Design Tutorials
These video tutorials will help you continue on your journey of learning with Discovery SpaceClaim. The Getting Started Tutorials begin with a tour of the user interface, sketching and the basics each of SpaceClaim's four main tools, Pull, Move Fill and Combine, and also explores assemblies and a part drawing sheet.
These advanced tutorials enhance your knowing of the main tools be learning about ToolGuides and Edges options with tools like Pull and Move, and learn new topics like Blending, Associations and 3D Markeup. All videos can be streamed directly from this page by clicking them.
NEW Sketch Constraints Solver: This video demonstrates the new sketch constraints and solver technology in 2020R2.
NEW Block Recording w/Sketch Constraints: This video demonstrates the new history block recording couple with the new sketch constraints solver
1) Advanced Selection: This video demonstrates alternative selection techniques in SpaceClaim. It shows power selection and lasso selection techniques.
2) Pull Tool Guides: This video demonstrates tool guides within Pull tool. It demonstrates sweep, revolve and draft face tool guides within Pull tool.
3) Pull Edge Options: This video demonstrates tool options within Pull tool. It demonstrates pull edge options like round, chamfer, extrude, copy and pivot edge.
4) Blending: This ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim video demonstrates using blend tool to create complex and organic geometry, often referred to as splines, NURBS or lofts. The video shows how to create blends between points, lines, surfaces and solids, and shows how to use guide curves to controls the blends between cross section.
5) Advanced Move: This video demonstrates intermediate Move tool operations. It shows the difference between moving bodies and components.
6) Intersect: This video demonstrates Split solid tool and Combine tool in SpaceClaim. It shows difference between Combine tool and Split solid tool.
7) Cross Sections: Learn x-sections in SpaceClaim. It shows how to make changes during cross section mode using pull, move, fill, combine tools.
8) Associations: This video demonstrates Associations in SpaceClaim. It shows how to use Mirror, Shell and Offset tools to define associations
9) Measuring Interference: This video demonstrates how to define and edit material and its properties. It also demonstrates how to use the measure tool and find and fix interference between components.
10) Copy and Paste: Geometrical features can be quickly copy-pasted in SpaceClaim to create mating parts. This video shows how copy and paste can help to build parts around surrounding geometry.
11) Assembly Drawing: This video demonstrates detailing and creation of an assembly drawing in SpaceClaim. It expands on the skills learned in the tutorials Creating drawing sheets in SpaceClaim
12) 3D Markup: 3D markup in SpaceClaim is a great way to demonstrate changes made from one model to another. It shows how to compare different versions of a design and communicate in 3D.