Discovery SpaceClaim: Geometry Repair
When importing models into Discovery SpaceClaim you may find corruption in the geometry that prevents you from completing the task at hand. These corruptions can be a result of translation or other modeling and kernel errors. Upon completion of the Getting Started Tutorials, these Repair video tutorials will help you to heal and repair your geometry so you can spend your time doing more important things . All videos can be streamed directly from this page by clicking them.
1) SpaceClaim Advanced Repair - Removing Corruption with Sphere Tool: Some models from other CAD systems import with partially corrupted faces. The Sphere tool can be used to localize and remove the isolated corruption from a face, thus saving the face. This video shows how the Sphere Tool can be used to heal corruption in a face and solidify the model.
2) SpaceClaim Advanced Repair - Deleting and Replacing Corrupt Faces: Some models from other CAD systems import with corrupted faces. Sometimes these faces are so corrupt they need to be deleted. This video shows how delete a corrupt face, trim off a corrupt edge, and replace the missing faces.
3) SpaceClaim Advanced Repair - ReCreating Multiple Missing Faces: Some models from other CAD systems import with multiple missing faces in a single areas. Sometimes the missing faces tool cannot handle replacing so many missing faces in 1 spot. This video shows how to use the Blend and Fill Patch Blend to manually build edges and faces to replace multiple missing faces.
4) SpaceClaim Advanced Repair - Fixing Geometry Errors & Adjusting Repair Settings: Some models from other CAD systems import with errors that can be reported by the Acis modeling kernel (the engine that drives SpaceClaim). Sometimes the repair tools needs to be adjusted or tweaked to fix a model in a certain way. This tutorial shows how to Check Geometry in a model to find errors reported by the kernel, and how to fix them. This tutorial also shows tweaking tools like Gaps and Missing Faces to get a different result than the default repair method.
5) SpaceClaim Advanced Repair - Fitting Curves & Closing Gaps: Some models from other CAD systems import with sketch entities like line, arc and splines that need repair. Sometimes there are gaps between the ends of the sketches, or we need to fit new sketch entities to existing ones. There may also be small curves or duplicates that need to be removed. This video shows using the Sketch Repair Tools: Fit Curves, Curve Gaps, Duplicate Curves and Small Curves to clean up a sketch.